Emotional Survival for Law EnforcementWith Dr. Kevin Gilmartin
Offered exclusively through PoliceOne Academy
Empower officers to thrive with Emotional Wellness Training
Are your officers fully equipped to deal with critical stress? We can’t change the dynamics of the job—but we CAN help officers build resilience and ask for help when needed. Dr. Kevin Gilmartin’s landmark text, Emotional Survival for Law Enforcement, started a revolution in the way law enforcement agencies regard officer mental health.
Now, you can bring Dr. Gilmartin’s live presentations to your agency for a fraction of the cost with the Emotional Survival for Law Enforcement series of online courses, offered exclusively through PoliceOne Academy. Download brochure
The Emotional Wellness Series is POST-approved in the following states:
With the Emotional Survival for Law
Enforcement series, officers will learn:
- How to cope with being on high alert and develop strategies
to transition off-duty
- Preventive strategies to counteract the physiological and emotional
impacts of law enforcement work
- How family members can help officers maintain balanced, healthy lifestyles
Series subscription includes:
- New courses added each year
- Continuing education credit through POST in select states
- Access to core features of PoliceOne Academy, such as tracking and reporting on course assignments
Comply with Training Requirements
Reduce failure-to-train liability. Assign, track and report on training electronically. Manage license renewal by level, state and category requirement.
Prepare for High-Risk Situations
Address emotional wellness issues that carry a high degree of risk. Deliver training consistent with Lexipol policies. Gauge understanding through interactive comprehension checks.
Keep Officers Engaged
Increase learning retention with an immersive, interactive format that engages in ways beyond the book and audiobook. Use course modules to break up learning.