Big News: PoliceOne Academy and State of Colorado to deliver the first statewide police online training program
Here are 5 reasons statewide training programs like this one are a great model for law enforcement
This week, PoliceOne Academy and Colorado Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) announced a major collaboration in which PoliceOne Academy will serve as the sole learning management system and training platform for all law enforcement in the state.
Colorado POST chose PoliceOne Academy in large part because it offers the unique ability for agencies to run their own customized programs, selecting relevant training topics from the Academy library to offer alongside state-funded training resources. It will make it even easier for POST member agencies to effectively and affordably manage top training initiatives, including compliance with POST required hours, while also hosting department-specific policies and courses.
As Colorado Attorney General Cynthia H. Coffman put it, “By forming this partnership with PoliceOne, Colorado will continue to be a leader in the training of critical skills required for law enforcement professionals.”
A Milestone Agreement
This is big news – both for the state of Colorado and its 13,500 peace officers, as well as law enforcement training as a whole. It is the first statewide deal in the history of law enforcement, and that sets a precedent other states will likely want to follow, elevating the level of training provided potentially nationwide.
Here are five specific reasons why the collaboration makes sense for Colorado, and why other states should consider exploring a similar program.
- Standardized training: by using the same approved courses throughout the state, each agency can ensure their officers are held to the same guidelines and principles from the highest quality materials.
- Save budget: moving to an online training solution yields not only reduced hard costs in terms of budget, but also drives down onboarding costs and improves employee retention.
- Efficient and centralized training delivery: agencies can seamlessly manage their workforce in a mobile-friendly learning management system and share resources across the state within the platform.
- Reduce risk: limit agency liability in a system that enables administrators to streamline training assignments, and automate credentials and certificate management.
- Expedite mandates: when a policy is changed or a new state mandate is approved, departments can easily create a custom assignment to distribute to all personnel for compliance.
We’re excited to move forward with this milestone collaboration with Colorado. If you’re interested in learning more about this partnership or PoliceOne Academy, submit your information and a member of our team will be in touch.
“My agency has been utilizing the convenience of PoliceOne Academy online training for several years now. It is quite useful for both shorter briefing-type training topics as well as those recently required by law that would be a challenge to host or attend in person.”